Member Notes: Tom Miske sends along his regards to his fellow Optimists. He reports that his Achilles surgery went well and he is now in rehab. He cannot put weight on his leg for three months. Good luck and get well wishes to Tom from all of the members.
Christmas Sharing Update: The Denny Mantel Christmas Sharing project is set for Saturday, December 13. Members and volunteers will meet at the Kroger store on Needmore Road at 10:30 AM to buy groceries to distribute to some needy families. (See more on the Christmas Sharing page under "Activites"). Details are being arranged on a meeting place for a post event lunch. As soon as final details are arranged, an announcement flyer will be available on the website and emailed to members. Cargill has announced that it will again be supporting our event with a donation of $1050 which will allow us to provide groceries for six additional families (for a total of twenty six). Thanks, Cargill!
E-mail list for Scholarship Scramble: Help needed from members - The club is trying to complile an e-mail data base for potential sponsors and donors for the Scholarship Scramble golf fund raiser. Members who have contacts with donors and sponsors from previous years are asked to help out by sending in any contact information for those you have dealt with in the past. Also if you have e-mail addresses for any potential new contacts, that would be helpful also. We hope to send out sponsorship information for the 2014 event by e-mail, starting as early as possible, to seek more sponsor support. Golfer e-mail information would be helpful also. We already have a partial list of e-mail addresses for past golfers, but more are still needed. Please help, since this will be the best way for us to promote the event. You can send the Information to the club address mailto:NorthridgeOptimist@gmail.com, or bring it to a meeting to give to Secretary Jan.
Current Club Schedule:
(Weekly Tuesday Noon meetings are at The Shiloh Grille, 5515 N. Main St., Dayton, OH 45415 unless otherwise indicated)
• November 11: Speaker - Michael Irwin and Joyce Conrad, AAA
• November 18: Speaker - Tom Byrne, Cargill Environmental Department
• November 25: Meeting at Riverdale Optimist Club, at Masonic Temple (no meeting at Shiloh Grille that day)
• December 2: Discussion of The Dayton Foundation Northridge Optimist Scholarship Fund
• December 9: Speaker - Katie Hale, Cargill Feed Department
• December 13 (Saturday): Denny Mantel Christmas Sharing Project
• December 16: Speaker - Nick Nass, Cargill Safety Department
• December 23: Club Christmas Meeting
• December 30: NO MEETING, Holiday break
• January 6: Open - program to be announced