Pass/Shoot/Dribble: The date for our annual Pass/Shoot/Dribble basketball skills contest for kids is scheduled for Saturday, March 14, 2015. It will be held at the Northridge High School gym beginning at 9:00 AM. Registration materials are being distributed in the Northridge elementary schools. The Northridge Alumni organization has also posted a notice of the event on their website, and on the Northridge Schools facebook page. Click Here for the Pass/Shoot/Dribble page under "Activities" for more details, and for a downloadable flyer/application. Mark your calendar now to set aside time to help with the event on March 14. Members who are coming to help with the event are asked to arrive about 8:30 AM to help set up.
Golf Outing Fund Raiser: The date of the 32nd Annual Scholarship Scramble golf outing fund raiser is Friday, September 11, 2015. "Save the Date" information is posted in the "Activities" section: /scholarship-scramble-fundraiser.html and a downloadable "Save the Date" flyer is available there. More details, such as cost, starting time, sponsorship levels, etc. will be decided on later and posted at that time. Photos and information from last year's event are also available on that page.
| || |
New Links: Some new links of interest to the Northridge area are posted in the panel at the right (see the red buttons under "Other Northridge Links"). They are for The Northidge Alumni Bear Facts website, the Northridge Schools website, and the Northridge Schools facebook page. The Northridge Alumni organization lists our club information in their "Support Groups" section and they also have a "Northridge Optimist Club" page in their menu, featuring our Membership Invitation Brochure. They have also featured our Pass/Shoot/Dribble and Scholarship Scramble items under the "Events Calendar" in their menu, and posted Pass/Shoot/Dribble information on the Northridge Schools facebook page.
Many thanks to the Northridge Alumni organization for their support and for helping to promote our club events. We plan to provide information on their events on our Bulletin Board and in our e-mail bulletin. One good way to show support is to patronize the alumni businesses that are listed on their website: http://www.northridgealumni.org/id11.html. Be sure to visit the Northridge Alumni Bear Facts website to learn more. (You can also click on the logo at the left).
Essay Contest: The 2014-2015 Optimist Essay Contest has been completed at the club level. The judging has been completed and the winning essay sent on to District competition. The winners of the club level contest will be announced, and awards given out, at our club meeting of March 24 which will be held at Northridge High School at 11:30 AM. Details of the meeting will be announced later. For more information on the contest, see the Essay Contest page under "Activities".
(Meetings Tuesdays at Noon at The Shiloh Grille, 5515 N. Main St., Dayton, OH 45415 *unless otherwise indicated - check schedule weekly for updates)
* See location notations below
• March 14: (Saturday) - Pass/Shoot/Dribble contest at Northridge H.S. gym
• March 17: Speaker - Gerry Chadwick and Jim Zahora, Dayton Regional Manufacturing Association (at Shiloh Grille)
• March 24: Essay Contest Award Luncheon at Northridge H.S., 11:30 AM (no meeting at Shiloh Grille that day)
• March 31: Speaker - Jon Faulker -Estate Planning *(location to be announced)
• April 7: Speaker - Rick Elworth, a policeman's perspective of 9/11 *(location to be announced)
• April 14: Speaker - Judy Hennesy, Dayton Early College Academy (DECA) *(location to be announced)
• April 21: Speaker - Gary Smiga, College Promise *(location to be announced)
• April 28: MVCTC Scholarship Awards Luncheon at Miami Valley Technology Center, 11:45 AM
• May 5: Open - speaker needed
• May 12: Open - speaker needed
• May 19: Open - speaker needed
• May 26: Open = speaker needed