Please refer to the Current Club Schedule at the bottom of this page to check on updates. Check this Bulletin Board page weekly for current information. Meetings are currently scheduled to be held at Brixx Ice Co., 500 E. 1st St., Dayton, Ohio 45402, unless otherwise noted in the schedule.
Northridge Optimist Scholarship Presentations: Scholarship Chairperson Jim Orrill made the presentations at the Northridge High School assembly on Thursday, May 27 at 6:00 PM. Fifteen Northridge Optimist scholarships were awarded to twelve different students, totaling $14,000. These scholarships are funded by Optimist Club of Dayton-Northirdge Scholarship Fund (a component fund of The Dayton Foundation), plus from sponsorships of the Scholarship Scramble Golf outing. These sponsored scholarships were from AFC Tool ($1000), Tom & Jae Miske ($750), Globe Motors ($500), and Rieck Services ($500). Two additional awards were given to this year's recipients of the Cargill/Northridge Optimist scholarships amounting to $1200 per year, per student, for two years. Congratulations to these deserving students, and good luck to them in their future academic endeavors.
Northridge Optimist Club Scholarship Scramble Golf Outing:
The date of the 32nd Annual Northridge Optimist Club Scholarship Scramble golf outing fund raiser is Friday, September 11, 2015. The promotional flyer/registration form, and the sponsor sign-up form are now posted on the website for downloading in the "Activities" section (CLICK HERE).
Some links of interest to the Northridge area are posted in the panel at the right (see the red buttons under "Other Northridge Links"). They are for The Northidge Alumni Bear Facts website, the Northridge Schools website, and the Northridge Schools facebook page. One good way to show support of the community is to patronize the alumni businesses that are listed on the alumni website: http://www.northridgealumni.org/id11.html.
Meetings on Tuesdays at Noon unless otherwise indicated. Please check club website bulletin board weekly for updates. * See location notations below.
• June 2: Speaker - Monnie Bush, President/CEO of Victory Project *(location at Brixx Ice Co.)
• June 9: Speaker - Shannon Price-Schweitzer, Tech Director of Lion's Eye Bank *(location at Brixx Ice Co.)
• June 16: Open - speaker needed *(location at Brixx Ice Co.)
• June 23: Speakers - Lynn Wood and Michael Lippert from Muse Machine *(location at Brixx Ice Co.)
• June 30: Speaker Pending *(location at Brixx Ice Co.)
• July 7: Open - speaker needed *(location at Brixx Ice Co.)
• July 14: Open - speaker needed *(location at Brixx Ice Co.)
• July 21: Open - speaker needed *(location at Brixx Ice Co.)
• July 28: Speaker - Michelle Riley, CEO of Foodbank, Inc. *(location at Brixx Ice Co.)
• Sept. 11: (Friday) Scholarship Scramble Golf Outing (Kittyhawk Golf Course)
• Oct. 20: Finance Meeting (Scholarships)