Michael Bevis of Strategic Sales & Marketing Partners was the speaker at the October 28 meeting. He is a senior level marketing and sales, time shared executive. Mike a member of several Optimist Clubs, including Centerville Noon, and is a past Lt. Governor of Zone 14, so he is quite familiar with the challenges of marketing and membership recruitment for service clubs. To emphasize his "Marketing and Membership" theme, he handed out packages of "M&M" candy to the members. He gave a lively and entertaining presentation on how to promote a club. Besides having an up to date website, the use of other media such as texting, facebook, Linkedin, and YouTube can be helpful. Service clubs are facing a general decline in membership, and recruiting new (especially younger) members if vital to club success.
Rick Snider returned as a guest at the October 28 meeting. He is a member of the Vandalia Optimist Club, but is also considering joining our club. Welcome, Rick.
Current Club Schedule:
(Weekly Tuesday meetings are at The Shiloh Grille, 5515 N. Main St., Dayton, OH 45415 unless otherwise indicated)
• November 4: Speaker - Lori Firsdon, Forte Organizers
• November 11: Speaker - Michael Irwin and Joyce Conrad, AAA
• November 18: Speaker - Tom Byrne, Cargill Environmental Department
• November 25: Meeting at Riverdale Optimist Club, no meeting at Shiloh Grille that day
• December 2: Discussion of The Dayton Foundation Northridge Optimist Scholarship Fund
• December 9: Speaker - Katie Hale, Cargill Feed Department
• December 13 (Saturday): Denny Mantel Christmas Sharing Project
• December 16: Speaker - Nick Nass, Cargill Safety Department