Please refer to the Current Club Schedule at the bottom of this page to check on updates. Check this Bulletin Board page weekly for current information. Meetings are currently scheduled to be held at Brixx Ice Co., 500 E. 1st St., Dayton, Ohio 45402, unless otherwise noted in the schedule.
The speaker at the June 9 meeting was Shannon Price-Schweitzer, Technical Director of Lions Eye Bank of West Central Ohio. The Lions Eye Bank is a non-profit organization dedicated to relieving human suffering through the recovery & provision of ocular tissue for transplant surgeries, medical research, & education. It supported by the Downtown Dayton Lions Club. Last year they provided 865 corneas for successful transplant. Shannon is a graduate of Northridge High School, and was a recipient of one of our Northridge Optimist scholarships. She went on to get a degree in biology at U. of Findlay in 2002, and then on to a masters degree. She started with Lions Eye Bank as a Cornea Replacement Specialist before becoming their Technical Director. For more information see the organization see their website at http://lebwcoonline.org/ Thanks to Shannon for such an informative presentation.
Scholarship Scramble Golf Outing:
Golf Outing Fund Raiser: The date of the 32nd Annual Scholarship Scramble golf outing fund raiser is Friday, September 11, 2015. Information can be found in the "Activities" section of this website: /scholarship-scramble-fundraiser.html. The starting time will again be a 9:00 AM shotgun start, with registration beginning at 8:00 AM. The golfing fee will remain at $110 per golfer. The sponsorship levels will also remain the same as last year. The promotional flyer/golfer registration form, and the sponsor sign-up form can be downloaded from the website (CLICK HERE) and are available for viewing by potential golfers and sponsors. The files have also been sent by email to club members so that you can forward them to your contacts.
Some links of interest to the Northridge area are posted in the panel at the right (see the red buttons under "Other Northridge Links"). They are for The Northidge Alumni Bear Facts website, the Northridge Schools website, and the Northridge Schools facebook page. One good way to show support of the community is to patronize the alumni businesses that are listed on the alumni website: http://www.northridgealumni.org/id11.html.
Clemens Cancer Challenge:
Rhonda Clemens announced the date for the “Clemens Cancer Challenge” taking place on June 20, 2015 at Miami Valley Hospital South, 2400 Miami Valley Drive, Centerville, OH 45459. This challenge, a scenic cycling and 5K run/walk, celebrates the inspiration and memory of those who have fought or continue to fight a courageous battle against cancer. Proceeds from this event remain 100% local and will go toward cancer resources and the enhancement of cancer care for Miami Valley Hospital patients and families. Lunch, refreshments and t-shirts will be provided. To register or for more information, please call (937) 208-2700 or visit http://www.mvhfoundation.org/special-events
Meetings on Tuesdays at Noon unless otherwise indicated. Please check club website bulletin board weekly for updates. * See location notations below.
• June 16: Speaker - Mike Gorman - Report on Polar Bear Foundation funded projects *(location at Brixx Ice Co.)
• June 23: Speakers - Lynn Wood and Michael Lippert from Muse Machine *(location at Brixx Ice Co.)
• June 30: Speaker - Ashley Webb - "Manufacturing Matters" *(location at Brixx)
• July 7: Speaker - Jeremy Carnes, Dayton Fire Dept. *(location at Brixx Ice Co.)
• July 14: Open - speaker needed *(location at Brixx Ice Co.)
• July 21: Open - speaker needed *(location at Brixx Ice Co.)
• July 28: Speaker - Michelle Riley, CEO of Foodbank, Inc. *(location at Brixx Ice Co.)
• August 4: Open - speaker needed *(location at Brixx Ice Co.)
• August 11: Open *(location at Brixx Ice Co.)
• August 18: Open*(location at Brixx Ice Co.)
• August 25: Open *(location at Brixx Ice Co.)
• Sept. 1: Preparation meeting for golf outing *(location at Brixx Ice Co.)
• Sept. 8: Preparation meeting for golf outing *(location at Brixx Ice Co.)
• Sept. 11: (Friday) Scholarship Scramble Golf Outing (Kittyhawk Golf Course)
• Oct. 20: Finance Meeting (Scholarships)