The date has been scheduled for the Northridge Optimist Club 33rd Annual Scholarship Scramble golf outing. The event is a fund raiser for Northridge area youth activities and scholarships. The date is Friday, September 23, 2016.
CLICK HERE to download a pdf file of a
"Save the Date" flyer for printing or e-mailing.
Registration and sponsorship information will be available in the coming weeks, so watch this Bulletin Board for more announcements.
Muse Machine Event:
In lieu of the regular club meeting on Tuesday, February 16, several club members attended a 3rd grade class Muse Machine program at Morrison Elementary School. Our members were invited since this was made possible by a grant from the Polar Bear Fund which our club supported. It was held at 9:30 AM at the school, and was well attended by parents and friends. It was directed by the Muse Machine Elementary Program Resident Artist Michael Lippert, whose elementary program creates curriculum-based art integrated into classroom teaching.
Mr. Lippert and Muse Machine Director Lynn Wood had spoken at our June 23 meeting last year, leading to our club recommending the use of a Polar Bear Fund grant for the school. Below is a slide show from the event.
Meeting of February 9:
• The speaker was Ken Betz, Director of the Regional Crime Lab, and Director of the Montgomery County Coroner's Office. His presentation was fascinating, and he covered a lot of territory, from the technology used in the crime lab, to the scope of the operations of the coroner's office.
The next club event is our sponsorship of the annual Pass/Shoot/Dribble basketball skills contest for elementary school kids. This will be held in the Northridge High School gym. The date is Saturday, March 12. The event information and application are available on this website. See thePass/Shoot/Dribble page under "Activities".
A date has been set for the presentation of the club level awards for the 2016 Optimist Essay Contest. The students's will be judged this month in order to submit the winning essay to District competition. The winners of the club level contest will be announced, and awards given out, at our club meeting of Tuesday, March 15 which will be held at Northridge High School. For more information on the contest, and a report on last year's awards, see the Essay Contest page under "Activities".
Some links of interest to the Northridge area are posted in the panel at the right (see the red buttons under "Other Northridge Links"). They are for The Northidge Alumni Bear Facts website, the Northridge Schools website, and the Northridge Schools facebook page. One good way to show support of the community is to patronize the alumni businesses that are listed on the alumni website: http://www.northridgealumni.org/id11.html.
Meetings on Tuesdays at Noon,held at Brixx Ice Co., 500 E. 1st St., Dayton, Ohio 45402,
unless otherwise indicated.
Please check club website bulletin board weekly for updates.
• Feb. 16: 9:30 AM - Muse Machine Program at Morrison Elementary
• Feb. 16: MEETING CANCELLED
• Feb. 23: Finance Committee Meeting (committee members please arrive by 11:30 AM)
• March 1: Speaker - Jeff Hoagland, President of the Dayton Coalition
• March 8: Open
• March 12 (Saturday): Pass/Shoot/Dribble Contest
• March 15: Meeting will be at Northridge High School for the Essay Contest awards luncheon
• March 22: Open
• March 29: Open
• April 5: Open
• April 12: Open
• April 19: Open
• April 26: Meeting will be at Miami Valley Career Technology Center for scholarship awards (11:30 AM)
• May 3: Open
• May 10: (hold) ?? To be Announced ??
• May 12 (Thursday): Presidents Club Outstanding Club Member Breakfast (7:00 AM), Presidential Banquet Center
• May 13 (Friday): Presidents Club, Bob Chiles Golf Classic
• May 17: Speaker - Judge Anthony Capizzi, Montgomery County Juvenile Court
• September 23 (Friday): 33rd Annual Scholarship Scramble golf outing fundraiser