The next club event is our sponsorship of the annual Pass/Shoot/Dribble basketball skills contest for elementary school kids. This will be held in the Northridge High School gym. The date is Saturday, March 12. The event information and application are available on this website. See the Pass/Shoot/Dribble page under "Activities".
The next club meeting will be the club level awards for the 2016 Optimist Essay Contest. The students's will be judged this month in order to submit the winning essay to District competition. The winners of the club level contest will be announced, and awards given out, at our club meeting of Tuesday, March 15 which will be held at Northridge High School. For more information on the contest, and a report on last year's awards, see the Essay Contest page under "Activities".
The February 2016 issue of the Northridge Schools publication "Dividends" features a story on our Denny Mantel Christmas Sharing Program which was held in December. The "Dividends" is mailed to homes and businesses in the Northridge area to give updates and stories on school district activities. Click Here, or on the button on the right labeled "Northridge Optimist Club in the News" to go to the download page (then click on the appropriate issue). Other issue downloads are also available covering some of our other activities. Downloads are also available from the Northridge Schools website.
The date has been scheduled for the Northridge Optimist Club 33rd Annual Scholarship Scramble golf outing. The event is a fund raiser for Northridge area youth activities and scholarships. The date is Friday, September 23, 2016.
CLICK HERE to download a pdf file of a "Save the Date" flyer for printing or e-mailing.
Registration and sponsorship information will be available in the coming weeks, so watch this Bulletin Board for more announcements.
Some links of interest to the Northridge area are posted in the panel at the right (see the red buttons under "Other Northridge Links"). They are for The Northidge Alumni Bear Facts website, the Northridge Schools website, and the Northridge Schools facebook page. One good way to show support of the community is to patronize the alumni businesses that are listed on the alumni website: http://www.northridgealumni.org/id11.html.
The Presidents Club of Dayton, in conjunction with the Miami Valley Military Affairs Association is hosting the 36th Annual Bob Chiles Classic golf outing on May 13, 2016. The event will be held at Twin Base Golf Club, WPAFB, and benefits charitable programs, including WPAFB Fisher/Nightingale House. Click Here for information.
• March 15: Meeting will be at Northridge High School for the Essay Contest awards luncheon
• March 22: Tony Hiser, Northridge High School
• March 29: Speaker - Sarah Williams, Executive Director of Hannah's Treasure Chest, a non-profit that distributes various items to needy children.
• April 5: Open
• April 12: Planning Meeting for Golf Outing
• April 19: Speaker - Karen McQuery of Artemis Center
• April 26: Meeting will be at Miami Valley Career Technology Center for scholarship awards (11:30 AM)
• May 3: Open
• May 10: (hold) ?? To be Announced ??
• May 12 (Thursday): Presidents Club Outstanding Club Member Breakfast (7:00 AM), Presidential Banquet Center
• May 13 (Friday): Presidents Club, Bob Chiles Golf Classic
• May 17: Speaker - Judge Anthony Capizzi, Montgomery County Juvenile Court
• May 24: Open
• May 31: Open
• June 7: Open
• June 14: Open
• June 21: Open
• June 28: Open
• September 23 (Friday): 33rd Annual Scholarship Scramble golf outing fundraiser