The second program is entitled "Kids Hope", which is funded by State of Ohio grants, and provides mentoring to "at risk" kids in grades four through six, in a church-school partnership with Christian Life Center. President Rick and Pass/Shoot/Dribble chairperson Bill Davidson also thanked Tony for his assistance with the Pass/Shoot/Dribble contest, and in helping promote the event to the students.
| || |
• Two other guests attended the meeting: Adrian Leonard and his daughter Antoinette. Antoinette was one of the winners in the club level Essay Contest last year, and this year is a finalist in the "Miss Jr. Teen Pageant" in April. She is a sophomore honors student at Northridge, with a 4.2 GPA, and plans to study Interior Design and Architecture in college. Adrian is a local business owner of "Crystal Cleans Etc.". Congratulations, and good luck to Antoinette.
Dick Loges, long time member of Northridge Optimist Club passed away at age 95 on March 15 in Panama City, Florida, where he had resided for the past several years. Although it has been quite a few years since he was a member of our club, he always came back to town each year to play in and support our golf outing.
Condolences to the Loges family.
The date has been scheduled for the Northridge Optimist Club 33rd Annual Scholarship Scramble golf outing. The event is a fund raiser for Northridge area youth activities and scholarships. The date is Friday, September 23, 2016.
CLICK HERE to download a pdf file of a "Save the Date" flyer for printing or e-mailing.
Registration and sponsorship information will be available in the coming weeks, so watch this Bulletin Board for more announcements.
Some links of interest to the Northridge area are posted in the panel at the right (see the red buttons under "Other Northridge Links"). They are for The Northidge Alumni Bear Facts website, the Northridge Schools website, and the Northridge Schools facebook page. One good way to show support of the community is to patronize the alumni businesses that are listed on the alumni website: http://www.northridgealumni.org/id11.html.
The Presidents Club of Dayton, in conjunction with the Miami Valley Military Affairs Association is hosting the 36th Annual Bob Chiles Classic golf outing on May 13, 2016. The event will be held at Twin Base Golf Club, WPAFB, and benefits charitable programs, including WPAFB Fisher/Nightingale House. Click Here for information.
• March 29: Speaker - Sarah Williams, Executive Director of Hannah's Treasure Chest, a non-profit that distributes various items to needy children.
• April 5: Open
• April 12: Planning Meeting for Golf Outing
• April 19: Speaker - Karen McQuery of Artemis Center
• April 26: Meeting will be at Miami Valley Career Technology Center for scholarship awards (11:30 AM)
• May 3: Open
• May 10: NO REGULAR MEETING THIS WEEK
• May 12 (Thursday): Presidents Club Outstanding Club Member Breakfast (7:00 AM), Presidential Banquet Center
• May 13 (Friday): Presidents Club, Bob Chiles Golf Classic
• May 17: Speaker - Judge Anthony Capizzi, Montgomery County Juvenile Court
• May 24: Open
• May 31: Open
• June 7: Open
• June 14: Open
• June 21: Open
• June 28: Open
• September 23 (Friday): 33rd Annual Scholarship Scramble golf outing fundraiser