Thanks to all of the golfers, sponsors, and donors for the great day of golfing on Friday, September 12 at Kittyhawk Golf Course for the 31st Annual Scholarship Scramble fund raiser. The proceeds will be a big boost for the Northridge High School scholarships next spring. These scholarships would not be possible without your generous support.
And thanks also to all of our members whose diligent efforts and teamwork made the event possible. The weather was on the cool side, but it was still a pleasant day and good for golfing. The event got started on time at 9:00 AM, but it took longer that planned for everyone to finish the round, and the prizes and drawings got started about an hour after expected. but everyone enjoyed a good lunch, and a stayed for seven different "fish bowl" raffle drawings with a nice array of great prizes. A drawing also was held for the winners of the new "Putting Contest", and the proceeds of the mulligan raffle were dedicated to the Denny Mantel Christmas Sharing Fund.
The event program for this year's golf outing can be downloaded from the Scholarship Scramble page under Activities, or by clicking here. It has a listing of the sponsors and donors for this year's event.
A review of this year's event was discussed at the September 16 meeting. The discussion is reported in the Meeting Minutes.
Current Club Schedule:
(Weekly Tuesday meetings are at The Shiloh Grille, 5515 N. Main St., Dayton, OH 45415 unless otherwise indicated)
• September 23: Speaker - Carlos Scarpero, "Social Media for Growing your Service Club"
• September 30: No regular club meeting on this date
• October 2: (Thursday) - Presidents Club Citizens Legion of Honor Luncheon
• October 7: Open - Speaker needed
• October 14: Speaker - Michael Irwin, AAA
• October 21: Open - Speaker needed
• October 28: Speaker - Michael D. Bevis, Strategic Sales & Marketing Partners
• November 4: Open - Speaker needed
• November 11: Open - Speaker needed
• November 18: Open - Speaker needed
• November 25: Meeting at Riverdale Optimist Club, no meeting at Shiloh Grille that day
• December 2: Open - Speaker needed