There are six student finalists competing in this year's Essay Contest. The top three will be presented with medallions, and the first place winner's essay will be sent on to District Level (state) competition. The club level awards will be presented at a club meeting to be held at Northridge High School on Tuesday, February 11, at Noon. More details on that meeting will follow.
The Pass/Shoot/Dribble Contest will be held at the Northridge High School gym on Saturday, March 8 from 9:00 to 11:00 AM. Flyers promoting the event, along with applications will be available at the Northridge Schools.
The upcoming club schedule:
• January 28: Planning for Essay Contest awards; other club business
• February 4: Open - Speaker needed
• February 11: Awards meeting for student Essay Contest winners (at Northridge H.S.)
• February 18: Open - Speaker needed
• February 25: Open - Speaker needed
• March 4: Open - Speaker needed
• March 8 (Saturday): Pass/Shoot/Dribble skill contest for kids