Pass/Shoot/Dribble: The date for our annual Pass/Shoot/Dribble basketball skills contest for kids is scheduled for Saturday, March 14, 2015. It will be held at the Northridge High School gym beginning at 9:00 AM. Registration materials are being distributed in the Northridge elementary schools. Click Here for the Pass/Shoot/Dribble page under "Activities" for more details, and for a downloadable flyer/application. Mark your calendar now to set aside time to help with the event on March 14. Members who are coming to help with the event are asked to arrive about 8:30 AM to help set up.
Essay Contest: The 2014-2015 Optimist Essay Contest has been completed at the club level. The judging has been completed and the winning essay sent on to District competition. The winners of the club level contest will be announced, and awards given out, at our club meeting of March 24 which will be held at Northridge High School at 11:30 AM. Details of the meeting will be announced later. For more information on the contest, see the Essay Contest page under "Activities".
| || |
Golf Outing Fund Raiser: The date of the 32nd Annual Scholarship Scramble golf outing fund raiser is Friday, September 11, 2015. "Save the Date" information is posted in the "Activities" section: /scholarship-scramble-fundraiser.html and a downloadable "Save the Date" flyer is available there. More details, such as cost, starting time, sponsorship levels, etc. will be decided on later and posted at that time. Photos and information from last year's event are also available on that page.
(Weekly Tuesday Noon meetings are at The Shiloh Grille, 5515 N. Main St., Dayton, OH 45415 unless otherwise indicated)
• March 3: Program on Photography - Slide Show, Tod Brining
• March 10: Open (originally scheduled program of Gary Smiga, College Promise is moved to April 21)
• March 14: (Saturday) - Pass/Shoot/Dribble contest
• March 17: Speaker - Gerry Chadwick and Jim Zahora, Dayton Regional Manufacturing Association
• March 24: Essay Contest Award Luncheon at Northridge H.S., 11:30 AM (no meeting at Shiloh Grille that day)
• March 31: Speaker - Jon Faulker -Estate Planning
• April 7: Speaker - Rick Elworth, a policeman's perspective of 9/11
• April 14: Speaker - Judy Hennesy, Dayton Early College Academy (DECA)
• April 21: Speaker - Gary Smiga, College Promise
• April 28: MVCTC Scholarship Awards Luncheon at Miami Valley Technology Center, 11:45 AM
• May 5: Open
• May 12: Open
• May 19: Open
• May 26: Open