• Please note that the following meeting change: Bill Miller of Hohman Plating , the speaker originally scheduled for the Nov. 17 meeting, has been rescheduled for Tuesday December 1.
• The speaker was Vicki Braun, Executive Director of Oak Tree Corner, a grief support group for children who have lost a family member or someone very close to them. Oak Tree Corner is a non-denominational organization, funded by private donations, and is completely staffed by volunteers. They host group meetings where the children (accompanied by a parent or adult caregiver) participate in various activities designed to help them cope with their loss. Vicki presented a video featuring some participants telling about their experiences in the program, and then answered questions and elaborated on the values of the program. For more information, see www.oaktreecorner.org.
Some links of interest to the Northridge area are posted in the panel at the right (see the red buttons under "Other Northridge Links"). They are for The Northidge Alumni Bear Facts website, the Northridge Schools website, and the Northridge Schools facebook page. One good way to show support of the community is to patronize the alumni businesses that are listed on the alumni website: http://www.northridgealumni.org/id11.html.
• Nov. 24: Meeting at Riverdale Optimist Club, Masonic Temple *(no meeting at Brixx this week)
• Dec. 1: Speaker - Bill Miller from Hohman Plating
• Dec. 8: Open
• Dec. 12 (Saturday) Denny Mantel Christmas Sharing Program
• Dec. 15: Open