The next club event is our sponsorship of the annual Pass/Shoot/Dribble basketball skills contest for elementary school kids. This will be held in the Northridge High School gym. The date is Saturday, March 12. The event information and application are available on this website. See the Pass/Shoot/Dribble page under "Activities".
A date has been set for the presentation of the club level awards for the 2016 Optimist Essay Contest. The students's will be judged this month in order to submit the winning essay to District competition. The winners of the club level contest will be announced, and awards given out, at our club meeting of Tuesday, March 15 which will be held at Northridge High School. For more information on the contest, and a report on last year's awards, see the Essay Contest page under "Activities".
Some links of interest to the Northridge area are posted in the panel at the right (see the red buttons under "Other Northridge Links"). They are for The Northidge Alumni Bear Facts website, the Northridge Schools website, and the Northridge Schools facebook page. One good way to show support of the community is to patronize the alumni businesses that are listed on the alumni website: http://www.northridgealumni.org/id11.html.
• Feb. 16: MEETING CANCELLED
• Feb. 23: Finance Committee Meeting (committee members please arrive by 11:30 AM)
• March 1: Speaker - Jeff Hoagland, President of the Dayton Coalition
• March 8: Open
• March 12 (Saturday): Pass/Shoot/Dribble Contest
• March 15: Meeting will be at Northridge High School for the Essay Contest awards luncheon
• March 22: Open
• March 29: Open
• April 5: Open
• April 12: Open
• April 19: (hold)
• April 26: Meeting will be at Miami Valley Career Technology Center for scholarship awards (11:30 AM)
• May 3: (hold)
• May 10: (hold) ?? To be Announced ??
• May 12 (Thursday): Presidents Club Outstanding Club Member Breakfast (7:00 AM), Presidential Banquet Center
• May 13 (Friday): Presidents Club, Bob Chiles Golf Classic
• May 17: Speaker - Judge Anthony Capizzi, Montgomery County Juvenile Court