• After a two week holiday break, our meetings resumed on January 5 to start the new calendar year. We have completed the first quarter of the 2015-2016 Optimist year, so congratulations and thanks to President Rick for leading the club to such a good start. We can look forward to an excellent year for the next three quarters.
• There was no speaker scheduled for the meeting, so club business was the order of the day, but there were updates on several club activities:
Plans for this year's Pass/Shoot/Dribble basketball skills contest for kids.
An additional request for a grant from the Polar Bear Fund for Morrisson Elementary.
An Optimist Essay Contest update.
CLICK HERE for a slide show of photos from the 2015 event, or HERE for the main Christmas Sharing page.
Some links of interest to the Northridge area are posted in the panel at the right (see the red buttons under "Other Northridge Links"). They are for The Northidge Alumni Bear Facts website, the Northridge Schools website, and the Northridge Schools facebook page. One good way to show support of the community is to patronize the alumni businesses that are listed on the alumni website: http://www.northridgealumni.org/id11.html.
Current Club Schedule:
Meetings on Tuesdays at Noon,held at Brixx Ice Co., 500 E. 1st St., Dayton, Ohio 45402, unless otherwise indicated.
Please check club website bulletin board weekly for updates.
• Jan. 12: Open
• Jan. 19: Open
• Jan. 26: Speaker - Wayne Essex, of Essex and Associates
• Feb. 2: Speaker - Tiffany Collier, Director of Operations, Good Neighbor House
• Feb. 9: Open
• Feb. 16: Open
• Feb. 23: Open
• March 1: Speaker - Jeff Hoagland, President of the Dayton Coalition